Where can I find breakfast ideas?

I cook healthy dinners every night, but breakfast is whatever i can find. I want to find a website dedicated to breakfast that is easy to navigate. Plus I just found out my son is allergic to eggs, so I also want to find some sites geared toward egg free diets. Thanks for help on both questions!

eli_2k4

Asked by eli_2k4 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• go to ask.com and put in.... egg free breakfast recipes....I like ask.com better then google
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My first thought is oatmeal (with dried cranberries, cinnamon, pecans and butter; I am going to go make some now)

A vegan recipe website will have lots of egg-free breakfast ideas. I really like http://www.theppk.com/ and http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/

Here are a couple of favorites in my house:

Breakfast Quinoa

NOTE: Quinoa must be rinsed extremely well or it will be bitter

Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of water and one cup of apple juice. Chill. Dice 2 small or 1 large apple small dice and add, add raisins and/or dried cranberries and walnuts or pecans- i just add them until it looks like enough, maybe 1/2 cup of each? Stir in vanilla yogurt to coat and make it bind together about 1- 1 1/2 cups. serve cold

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Overnight French Toast
    2 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    3 Tbsp butter or margarine
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 cup dry sweetener of your choice
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup plant or animal milk (I use vanilla soy)
    1/2 cup yogurt (I use vanilla)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    4-6 thick slices of day old bread
    In a saucepan, cook the apples in the butter/margarine until they start to soften. Add the cinnamon, dry sweetener, syrup and cook until the apples are nice and soft. Pour into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except bread. Dip the bread into the milk/yogurt mix and layer on top of the apple mix. Pour the remaining milk mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate.
    In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 F. uncover the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Try www.allrecipes.com

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010