What happens when your child outgrows diaper's but isn't ready to potty train?

My son wear's size 6 diapers and he will be two in May. I don't feel he is ready to use the potty for a number of reason's. My question is what do I do next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Look for cloth diapers or look in specialty stores for "children's diapers". Both will be bigger than the size 6s. There are companies that make diapers for KIDS, because there are kids with disabilities or who are paralyzed and can't be potty trained or can't do it any more. Those diapers are bigger. But I would say, maybe you should just try to get him on the potty. The sooner the better for your wallet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• there are size 7 but they are expensive. my son had the same issue with outgrowing diapers but not ready to potty train. you can use pullups as they are typically bigger sizes. but again, expensive.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Hope that he can wear those size 6's a little longer. Or use pull-ups.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• the size 7's are no more expensive then the size 6's. i dont know where your shopping.. or you can try pull up's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i agree with sabrina.
    also, it doesn't hurt to just put a little potty in the bathroom for him. I did this with DSS around 19 months or so. I had no real intentions of actually starting the learning then, but he REALLY took an interest when he saw his own little personalized toilet.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Cloth diapers! Try www.freecycle.org www.reuseitnetwork.org www.craigslist.org www.ebay.com and local thrift and consignment shops.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• age 2 and size 6? Good lord! Well my son was in size 5 at this age and he was hard to train but I worked to train him because I was running out of diaper sizes! We did pull ups and even those good nights which he hated! My son was 3 though when he wore size 5 so I am like O my..... My baby is almost 2 and she is in size 3...LOL Kinda tiny!
    Anonymous

• Our puull ups only cost $1 more a week than diapers so I would try those.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2010