my sister might have cervical cancer

my sister might have cervical cancer it makes me worried should i got get tested

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Health

• OH GOD i am so sorry to hear this, do you get regular paps?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Why not? Better safe than sorry.
    Tell your sister to look up hemp oil and how it may cure cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I have had cervical cancer. It was found during my regular check-ups. I would advise that you have this done annually. If your sister's was fiound early, there is a lot she can do. Once they have determined that she has it, they will probably request her to have a LEEP procedure. This shaves the cancerous cells off of the cervix. I was required to have a monthly exam after that for a year to make sure the cancer did not return. After that I had quarterly exams and then only once a year. It is important that you also get checked regularly. This is one of the few cancers that can be found early and has a high success rate. However, you have to make the decsion to get tested. Good luck!

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 1:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I had a scare too -- they said cervical isnt hereditary ( ovarian is ) ... and almost all the time it is caught early enough to be treated -- they do a biopsy of the area and test it, and then test it usually every 3 months they check it again I had some of it "grow back" and they burnt it out...that was last year and nothing has "grown back " yet..

she will be ok and you will be too, if you have regualr paps, they will find it in time
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• my grandma had cervical cancer. and breast cancer too. (at different times)
    boy she was a fighter.
    but you should always get tested.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2010