Gay Marriage

For or against? And why? And if it's for reasons like the bible i want direct quotes and you're interpretation of the quotes.

LogansMama09

Asked by LogansMama09 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• I'm all for it. I see no reason why two people who love each other and want to make a lifelong commitment to each other shouldn't be allowed to do so legally. What any two consenting people do behind closed doors is none of anyone's business ... people need to leave the Bible out of legal matters.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I'm 100% for it. We are supposed to be a free country, and in a free country we don't give some rights to some people and others to others, everyone gets equal rights! There is nothing in the founding documents against gay marriage, and there shouldn't be. There's no reason to prevent it other than religion which is supposed to be separate from the governement.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i have very mixed feelings on the subject to be honest....i think if there happy & love each other then go for it..BUT in my opinon the "sex" part that they do is not right.. we are not made to do the same sex in the ass or use fake toys to pleasure each other. if my child ever told me he was gay id disown him. its not right its gross!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• ironicaly i am against it being called marriage. i think it would be by far better to have a different name for it. maybe that would help shut up the marriage is only for men and women thing. I am 110% for gays being able to have a life long legal committment with all the rights and priveledges of any hetero married couple
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OMG you know why you're anonymous person? Because you are ashamed that you would ever treat your child that way.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• http://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html

The first paragraph explains a lot

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Ughhhhhhh i'll never win.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• The Bible teaches that people of the same gender should not be involved in sexual relations, and when people do, it is perversion. However, I realize there are people who take those quotes and say they don't mean that. Whatever. I'm not going to try to stop two people from being together. That's their choice to make, not mine. I think calling it marriage is confusing. I believe marriage is a sacred institution, and if someone doesn't want to do things God's way, why get married? But the logical question after that would be, then what does the state have to do with marriage? But if they don't regulate marriage.... Ugh, it gets confusing. What I'm really against is it being pushed in schools.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• And the back and forth begins. I am neither here nor there about it. My mom is a lesbian. I HATED her for it, condemed her for it.. when I first found out. Now? Now I simply love my mommy. She is who she is and no amount of hate from anyone is going to change that. My dh says that if one of our children were gay he'd disown them.. would he really do it? Heck no. And he knows he wouldnt. I think a persons personal life choices are theres and theres alone WTH does it have to do with me and he life I live.

To each his own I say.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I'm all for it. You should be able to be with who you love no matter what. To the poster that said...
    i have very mixed feelings on the subject to be honest....i think if there happy & love each other then go for it..BUT in my opinon the "sex" part that they do is not right.. we are not made to do the same sex in the ass or use fake toys to pleasure each other. if my child ever told me he was gay id disown him. its not right its gross!

That is awful so your all for others being happy, but not your own kids. That is why kids don't tell us any thing it's people like you
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2010