How do i get my preschooler to quit crying after dropping her off

teendrama152

Asked by teendrama152 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you tell her it's time for you to go. you give her a hug and a kiss. tell her to have a good day. And then walk out. don't look back. YOU need to be confident in leaving her there. If you act like you don't want her to stay it gives the impression that she might not be safe. Do not stay and talk to her teachers. do not admire the room. once you say you are going to leave, just do it. and NEVER try to sneak out. that gives her the biggest sense of insecurity.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• you cant, she has to adjust. it will take time, its hard. it hurts. but it will happen that she will stop
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Chances are that she stops crying within about three seconds of you being out of sight.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I agree with OutstandingLove. My son did the same thing when he started preschool. He was better if I just dropped him off, said goodbye and left. One day I happen to get delayed at the door by another mom and I had to literally pry my son off of me.. He adjusted and is very happy now. doesn't care that I leave. Give it time.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Are you in a position where you have to send her? Kids aren't all necessarily ready or should they be to be dropped off. If you have a choice, don't send her if she is that resistant. Preschool is NOT really necessary if you are an attentive parent. If you have no choice but to send her, I don't know what to tell you. I feel sorry for the kids that don't have a choice when they are that little. It's hard on them and their parents, I'm sure.
    Anonymous