Do you have enough food storage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have enough food in my house right now to last for at least 6 weeks if necessary. We had enough a year ago to get us through three months or more but it was depleted during a time when my husband was laid off and money was tight. I've been slowly working on restocking it.

I have 2 freezers in addition to the fridge, 8 foot long shelves in the basement to store the hundreds of pints/quarts of home canned goods that I put up every summer/fall, and a 4 x 8 x 2.5 foot pantry that holds canned & boxed goods. We also have food grade pails with covers that we use to store flour & oatmeal, 50 lbs. at a time.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• what do you mean? I have a walk in pantry and a stockpile in the basement. is that what you mean?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• You mean for 2012? Nope. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Are you selling Tupperware?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• michiganmom116....You're my hero! No, seriously....we have been working on creating our own urban homestead with just under a quarter acre and what you are doing is our dream. DH is in construction, so work tends to get pretty thin in the colder months, sometimes there's none at all, and we have to live off of our food storage, but we want to take it a step further and start growing a good chunk of our food ourselves & putting it by.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2010