Why do people bash Muslim's so much??

I cannot stand that. I hate when people say "Muslims are told by the Qur'an to kill Americans" first off America didnt even exist when the Qur'an was written! and second why dont people ever point out when a Jew or Christan does somthing wrong? Muslims are not "trained or born" to kill non Muslims. Its actually a very peaceful, beautiful religon and if people took the time to learn about it they'd see that, instead of sitting and make shit up in there heads!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• it is mostly ignorance . many people are unwilling to actually LEARN about Muslims and thier faith.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OP here - Sati769leigh .. i think your totally right.. i dont know i was just wondering about it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I agree it's sick, but yes I agree to a point it's ignorance, but for some it's racism and others fear. If you live in fear you learn to hate every thing and every one who is different. Let's face it today most people are scared of there own shadow. I admit the world is scary now but living in fear is just giving into to those who try and make you afraid so why allow them that power.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It is mostly ignorance, and partly that many preachers tend to propagate this prejudiced information and scare their congregations into believing it - that or the members just take their word for it...

If people actually took the time to understand Islam they would realize a lot of what we hear about it in America isn't really true to what it is - its a beautiful, inspiring faith, and these negative connotations only exists for a minority who choose to take the faith and distort it - its no different than Fred Phelps and the WBC, but if a person were to say that all Christians are like THEM there'd be a big fuss, because people are just supposed to know better. Well, shouldn't that go for Christians, too? Shouldn't they take the time to "know" better about Muslims?

Part of it is, though, that they have to discredit other faiths in order to maintain that theirs is the only "true" faith, regardless of what's factually correct
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• it's ignorance, caused my an age old war, between cultures and politics, that sometimes uses religion as a front.

Many people have died in "religious wars" when their religion is strictly against the killing of others. (note: I put "religious wars" in quote marks to point out again, that they are just a front for politics and cultural differences, it's not the true reasons behind the wars).

But rather, people wish to ignore their religions in the name of blood and glory. In trade, other's are hurt, and killed, leaving behind families and friends, that end up pissed off. Then revenge comes into play.. and it's an age old circle that keeps going around.

Because of our history, many innocents still suffer from the effects. Why? because revenge is still in the minds of others, and they need a quick release. So they unfair and unjustly have to find the closest group or person that is relevant to the cause to cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• to take their anger out on. Even if the group or person wasn't ever involved. So.. they take something, no matter how irrelevant it is, that ties these people to the few that hurt them, and become made at EVERYONE that shares this trait. In this case, it's Muslims. It's unfair, and unjust, and leads to a lot of discrimination and hate crime activity that just adds more fuel to a fire that should have burned out long ago. But this, in part, is why.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• dont take it personal, people bash a lot of different religions. Some people take something from your religion that they dont like or something a group of people did and start bashing by lumping everyone in one group. They do it to JW's, mormons, catholics, pagans to everyone. Just keep following your faith in peace and ignore the ignorant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• most Americans didnt know anything about Islam until 9/11...so all they know about Islam is that the terrorists were that. they dont take the time to study the faith or see how extreme the Muslim terrorists are. they listen to other stupid ppl and form their ignorant opinions. ppl fear what they dont understand and unfortunately they dont (want to) understand much.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Ignorance, plain and simple.

All of the (and I mean ALL) Muslim moms I've met on CafeMom have been the most gracious, loving people. They're funny and witty and are no different from me except for the fact that we belong to different faiths. I want to smack people upside the head when they talk crap about Islam.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I dont. My eighbor is muslim. I would will my kids to her if anything ever hapened to me and dh!! lol She is so sweet. As far as terrorists, they are ignorant but its because they are mislead by their leaders.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010