How much did you tip your tattoo artist?

I just got a tattoo done today that took 3 hours to complete and cost $200. He gave me a deal because it should of cost $300. But I really love the tattoo and gave him a $50 tip. My sister said that was too much but I really love it! I appreciate all the hard work he did. It is super detailed and has tons of shading. So anyway how much did your tattoo cost and how much did you tip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i've never tipped my tattoo artists. two of them were the owners of the parlor and the one who did most of mine didn't have to give any of the money he made to the store because they have store tax. i believe in tipping waitors cause they live off tips but tattoo artists keep all the money they make off one tattoo so they make more than enough. you're already paying them directly for the tattoo...why pay more
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i never tipped i just payed for the tat
    lilyrosemommy09

Answer by lilyrosemommy09 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My tattoo took 2 hours. It was 120 and I gave him 150
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• YOU should ALWAYS tip a tattoo artist..I do about 20-30 bucks no matter the cost
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• they make $100 an hour, roughly....do they really need to make more than that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• yes lol..they dont make as much as you think...they dont get paid by the hour..they only get paid when they are tattooing then they get paid by the hour when that do a tattoo...My best friend married a tattoo artist..they are struggling because not enough people are coming in and getting big tattoos..they live on the tips pretty much..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010