sciatica worse after physical therapy....

i am 26 weeks and had been given a referral by dr for physical therapy due to extreme back pain. went to first appoinment friday and i was told left side of hip pushed forward. did some exercises that were said to fix problem and back pain but now i am weaker and can barely go over half hour before extreme back pain starts. has anyone done therapy for sciatica? if so did it help? i have another appointment monday but dont want to get worse. also going to see chiropractor monday but want to know if therapy is helpful at all?

jayde08

Asked by jayde08 at 3:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh man, I do not miss those days!!! My first pregnancy, I had sciatica and I went to physical therapy. Or should I say torture therapy. It was so painful while they were working on me and in the end, the exercises and everything gave only very little relief. I'm sorry, mamma. Hang in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i see a chiropractor. even with a chiropractor it is possible that things may feel worse before they feel better, even though that is not what most people experience. most people do experience relief after the first chiropractic adjustment.
    i am a huge chiro fan, my dh is one!
    good luck!
    congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• how did the chiro visit go today?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010