Did you buy your first car? Or did your parents buy it for y0u?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• actually my current car my parents bought
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I bought mt first car. My parents bought or helped buy all of my siblings first cars. But, they didn't get to choose the car, they had no say in it. I bought mine on my own and chose the car I wanted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I bought my first car when I was 15... sold it to a friends mother who needed it more... then.... my parents bought me a car, where I had to make the payments until I graduated...after I graduated they paid it off! Kinda like a graduation gift!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My mom bought it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I bought my first car, I was lucky in a way because when i was about 13 we had been in a car accident and my parents had set aside my portion of the settlement money in an account for me and when I was 17 I had that money plus what i had saved up to buy my first car. My parents did help with my second car, DH and I had helped my parents when my dad was very sick and hospitalized on and off for a year, we made house payments for them and made sure my sister who was in high school at the time had things she needed. When we went looking for a new car because we had a baby on the way my parents gave us a little towards a newer car as a thank you for the help we had given them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My husband and I bought our first car. We did inherit my husband's grandmother's car when she died. Also, yrs ago my inlaws gave us their suburban - my husband loved that car, we needed / were in the market for a car, and they had helped his brother and sister buy a car, and they didn't need it anymore (they used it for camping and stuff while their kids were growing up, but they didn't really need it anymore).

That was about 16 yrs ago, and the car we inherited was about 11 yrs ago. Other than that, every car we've ever had we've bought ourselves.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• sorry missed that it was first car, parents bought that too
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My parents bought my first car
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 3:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Well, my husband and I bought the 1st car I ever had. My dad didn't believe in girls driving so I didn't get my license at 16 like most. My step brother did though and my dad & step mom bought his 1st car for him. My husband bought his 1st car (when he was 16) with insurance money he rec'd after his dad died.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My first Husband's parents bought me a car, they picked it out and paid for it then I had to repay them.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2010