If people think the world is going to end in 2012 then why

worry about how much food and water you will store up? If the world ends I am pretty sure you wont need food. LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• people are actually worried about that??????
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• people are preparing to be left behind or for the tribulations to begin or something like that
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• LOL yes they are worried about it. Someoen in my family was in tears because she is about to have her baby and the world is going to end.

I told her that when the world ends it is not going to be some huge " prediction" 1st if you want to believe in what the bible says then I really doubt god would let you predict the day when he says it will come like a theft in the night.
    But if you want my point of view, I believe that it will happen in hundreds of years when the sun dies. That is what will kill this planet.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Because they are paranoid do to news propaganda. Seriously when the millennium thing was being predicted people want nuts. They started storing up on items and closing bank accounts. They were just going nuts. Do you honestly think people that long ago could predict we were going to pollute the planet causing global warming which is the biggest end of days threat we face.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• LOL I guess so, I think it is all bull, if you want to get technical even the Mayans say that is NOT what the end of their calendar meant. LOL

OP.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It's gonna play out the same way that Y2K did. People are going to freak, build bomb shelters or restock the ones that they built in 1999, and hide out until after Dec 21, 2012.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My 8 yo dd was freaking out about that one time. I told her it's not going to end in 2012, I'd show her when it would end. I took her over to our wall calender and flipped to december 2010 and then flipped to the next page. I said " now the world will end at this time" and she didn't get it. So I explained that the Mayans made their calenders years in advance and they all died out before they could make the next one. I said the WORLD won't end, just the CALENDER will. Then she was fine. Actually, she thought the whole 2012 thing was pretty stupid after that.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• lol plylerjones - I did something similar to some people - 2 separate occasions, with the same result each time (both of whom, sadly, were much older then your dd...). I asked them to do me a favor, then I asked them to start counting. They did, and they counted for about a minute or so. Then I asked them if they were tired of counting yet.

One said not yet, so I asked them to keep counting, then asked them again, and they said they were. The other one said they were bored with counting when I asked the first time. I was like, ok, if you're bored with counting, then stop. They did. Then I looked at them with this fake panicked look and said "OH MY GOSH - there isn't any more numbers - we only go up to ___ (said the number they counted to, I can't remember them). There MUST not be any more numbers after that, because, after all, that's where you stopped counting, so it MUST be the end..."
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

Global warming? That's one of the biggest news propaganda jokes there is! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• it's just the end of the mayan calendar.. nothing more.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2010