• In the Spotlight:

Very worried about no epi but terrifed to get it again

I have had very complicated labors, with my 1st I was over due and in labor for 3 days pushed for hours and he got stuck, I did have the epi because after 3 days of hard contractions I was to weak to deal with it anymore, I was barely able to push.
With my second I had an epi because I was induced for medical issues, Things were getting complicated fast with me getting many different infections at once left and right. I tried to stand the induction contractions but couldnt. THis time I dont want an epi because my lower back has so many issues now. I cant even do yoga without throwing my back out. DH cant rub the area where the epi was because of such horrible pain there. I am scared to ever get one again. What if things go complicated again, what can I do to help the pain? I am just worried about it all as if it was my first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• honey there are all sorts of breathing and relaxation techniques to help a woman thrugh the pain. you should look in to lamaze type stuff
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• there are some really great books to help you with your confidence. i like ina may's guide & birthing from within. i would DEFINITELY read ina mays' guide. :-) there might be some ideas in there of how to make labor easier, like moving around, using water, etc.

good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• sounds soo hard!
    maybe you could try to do as much laboring at home, instead of at the hospital. i find home more comfortable. i also find moving around during labor makes things easier to handle. you can' t really move around much at most hospitals.
    but then given your history...you may feel more comfortable being with the medical staff too!
    this really does sound tough :(
    about your back and throwing it out, after you recover from this birth, you may want to consider a chiropractor.
    also, are you doing your yoga at home, or with an instructor? if you are with an instructor ask them to really study your poses, slightly off a bit, and it could be too much for your back to handle.
    congrats on your baby!
    good luck with the delivery!
    (i am catholic, and praying the rosary really calms me down when i have a lot of anxiety about something)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010