I've been looking all over and can't seem to find many egg/nut/wheat free dessert recipes anywhere! Does anyone have any good ones?

I've been looking all over and am finding it really difficult. I'm trying to help my friend (who's having her family over and her nephew has food allergies) I figured this might be a helpful place to look. Thank you for your help!!

baboluchi56

Asked by baboluchi56 at 5:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Go to your local natural/organic food store, or if you have a Wegman's grocery store nearby, they have a fairly large organic section. When we did the Gluten/Caesin Free Diet, we bought MANY products at both places--from main meals, to snacks, cakes, drinks, etc. along with the products needed to make from scratch.

This was a GREAT site that I had used--it breaks down each component when making from scratch, and tells you what you need to buy (which you can also purchase online). All of the ingredients I was able to buy locally at an organic grocery store.

http://www.gfcfrecipes.com/index.htm

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Fruit kabobs with dip? Fruit salad? Jello salads? Homemade sherbet? Fruit & sherbet? I also have an eggless fudge chocolate pudding recipe that I'm willing to share.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Try looking at Vegan recipes. There are plenty of Vegan recipes out there that are really yummy. Or you can try substituting ingredients in regular recipes to make them more friendly, like using applesauce instead of eggs.
    greenANDchic

Answer by greenANDchic at 8:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Most grocery stores have allergen free food sections. Use rice noodles or rice flour in place of wheat. EnerG Egg replacer in baked goods & substitute rice flour.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Rice crispy treats. You have to use name brand rice crispys though. I like to press them into a muffin pan (cups and all) and then decorate them with a little frosting and sprinkles. Plus it looks like it's a lot more work than it is. I had so many people tell me how creative it was. lol. I didn't tell them it only took like 20 min to make.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2010