how bad does labor hurt?

I know it hurts but i was wondering how bad. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and i find myself haveing dream about labor and was wondering how some of you felt during it. i am trying to have a med free labor. So if you can leave me some feed back it would help. Thanks ladies and please no bashing. i just want to learn. :)

HardyGirl19

Asked by HardyGirl19 at 5:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it is nothing so bad you cannot stand it. its the good type of pain when you know you are working towards a goal, so you know it will end. i think for me the pressure was the worst part about it. i hated that. felt a little like i was gonna be torn apart. UGH. but the pain itself? dont go in to it thinking of it as pain. think of it as well labor towards a goal. having the baby
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• also think of like it will all be worth it in the end
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Some women actually can't stand it, My aunt couldn't stop throwing up from the pain. It really differs from person to person tho. My son was super painful and my daughter was a breeze. I even made my MIL mad because they came and checked me and said I was a 10 and just about ready to push and I was still talking normal and smiling. Only every couple mins would I breathe heavy and close my eyes. Made her so mad LOL.
    She tried to tell my husband I wasn't in labor yet because I wasn't in pain. LOL 20 mins later my daughter was here.
    You can do it! Have support around you and relax as much as you can!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Thanks Ladies!! Because I have been told horror stories of labor so its like i dont want to worry myself. I know it will hurt but in the end My son will be here. Thanks for the support!
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 6:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Oh ignore horror stories, people can be so mean when it comes to that. I have heard my fair share and NONE of what they said happened.
    Good luck honey!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• definitely DONT listen to the horror stories. some will lead you to believe you are gonna come close to death. sheesh. like i said. it is the GOOD type of productive hurt. you will get through it shining!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I just hope I can stand my ground about no pain meds. some of the stories ive heard were people screaming there heads off for hours or how it they were in labor for days/ im just like uhhhh Riley you can stay. lol. Even though I cant wait to see him. It's getting close.
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 6:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• HAve someone with you that can help you remember what you want in your time of pain. You can do it girl!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Op with a good partner or coach you wil be fine. i did my first with NO pain meds. i survived. and any pain you do suffer, really fades in your memory fast.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It is like really bad menstrual cramps. Be sure to have a written birth plan on file with both your doctor's office and the hospital; put a copy in your bag, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2010