How long after???

I breastfeed my 11 month old daughter. My husband and I have talked about ttc #2 but I haven't got my period back yet. I don't exclusively breastfeed anymore and am down to only once or twice a day and she eats solids the rest of the time. She is also now sleeping through the night so I'm not night nursing anymore. I've been doing this for about a month now. How long should it be til I get my period so that I can start ttc again? How long did it take each of you? I know everyone is different, I just want to know each of your experiences. Thanks!

BethRae

Asked by BethRae at 7:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• sorry honey, i wish i knew to tell ya
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• well, everyone is different. i'm still breastfeeding my one year old and still have not gotten my period. i breastfed my first until she weaned herself at about 18 months. i never got my period while i was breastfeeding her either and i wound up getting pregnant. i don't see why you should have to wait until you get your period back to start TTC. it can happen - it happened to me pretty quickly, too, like within the first month my husband and i started trying for #2! the only thing is that i didn't really know when i was ovulating because i didn't get my period. but, hey, it obviously worked! so, i say go for it and good luck!
    aefranc

Answer by aefranc at 9:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We are but like you said it's hard to know when you're ovulating. I am doing the bbt charting but it's kinda confusing. Plus, once I get my period back I can start using my fertility monitor!
    BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 9:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• The doctor can give you a pill to jump start your period.
    stacyfru

Answer by stacyfru at 9:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I know, it is confusing! Even now, I'm constantly wondering if I could possbily be pregnant! LOL! Well, good luck to you!! Oh and I've seen many mamas recommend this book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. Have you ever heard of it? If not, maybe you can check it out...I've heard that it has excellent info, etc.
    aefranc

Answer by aefranc at 9:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2010