advice needed

My daugther has been throwing up since 1am any good advice on what i can give her? She has been drinking little sips of gatorade bc she is thirsty but it keeps coming back up:( She is 5 is there anything i can give her?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try Emetrol for Nausea--you can get it OTC at any pharmacy--comes in cherry and lemon mint flavors. It'll help settle her stomach.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• what you are doing is basically it. but you might want to call your off hours pediatrician number today. if it continues and she gets dehydrated you might need to take her to a walk in clinic or the ER
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We had a stomach bug go through our home.I don't think the gatoraid is the best idea while she is still throwing up. Ice chips or tiny sips of water just to get her mouth wet.My 10 yr old who is tiny had it and it was at it's worse 1st 6 hours then it started to subside.She ate saltines as she felt better.so on and so forth.I feel so bad when they are sick too.Just be mom thats all we can do.' HUGS~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We all had that bug here also, nobody kept anything down. Our ped said not to give them pepto bismol or anything because you want their body to get rid of that bug. We just kept trying sips of water every hour or so. It lasted about 2 days for the kids, 3 days for dh, and I got almost a whole week of it.
    Then I went through the house with the Lysol :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Actually Gatorade is the best idea. Its basically like Pediolite. It replenishes electrolytes which is lost when you sweat or vomiting.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I have heard to NOT give Gatorade because of the amount of sugar in it. I give my kids plain water when they have stomach bug. And pretty much all the rest of the time too. It's good for 'em! Too much sugar is bad, bad, bad, especially when they're sick to their stomachs! Hope your child feels all better soon.
    Anonymous