sippy cups

Which one do you use? Do you like it? I want to switch to something that is easy to clean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• None of them are easy to clean :( I use the Playtex ones; I use a small bottle brush, and soak them in hot soapy water. I just tried the ones that have a straw and was surprised to find out they didn't leak! My 2 yr old loves his new "big boy" cups too.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Thanks for the tip. The gerber ones are hell to clean and I dont have a dishwasher. Ill have to try the bottle brush though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Yeah we used the playtex ones. I loved them. They weren't hard to clean without the dishwasher. And they sell replacement valves for when the old one wear out (which causes leaking)
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I found some cups at Target that had a wider straw, they have a "Cars" picture on them. The wider straw makes them much easier to clean because the smaller brush of our bottle brush fits into the straw. The other way I found to clean the cups and straws is just to let them soak in really hot soapy water, It's not perfect but it is pretty good.

I also don't have a dishwasher. The Cars cups with straws are my favorite straw cup, my son never really took too well to sippy cups. I do have some of those "disposable" sippy cups though - the ones that are dishwasher safe toss aways -and those come clean pretty easily too. They are about 6 months old now and are still in excellent shape, those are the only sippy cups we own. I did need to use a pin to make the holes a little bigger though because they weren't actual holes when we bought them so nothing was coming out of them.
    greenANDchic

Answer by greenANDchic at 9:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Gerber Graduates. I've tried them all and love the Gerbers because they never leak. I even let my kids take a sippy of water to bed because they don't leak. The valves are one piece that pop out easy for cleaning.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I found some "cars" cups at wal mart that had the valve built into the spout so they were very easy to clean with a bottle brush.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2010