Did you have any toys growing up that freaked you out?

Growing up, I had a Teddy Ruxpin (yes, the original) that whenever we had a thunderstorm, it would randomly start talking, whether it was on or off. We even tried taking the batteries out and it would still talk.

My sister had a furbie that she took the batteries out of and stuffed it in her closet....it, too, would randomly start talking, whether it had batteries or not.

LokisMama

Asked by LokisMama at 8:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My sister had these Raggedy Anne and Andy dolls. They were like 3 feet long, and she kept them wrapped in plastic in the closet to keep them like new. They freaked me out! I hated those dolls, and I had nightmares about them coming to life and eating my brains.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I had a hand me down Ronald McDonald doll that was so scary! This was right when Poltergeist came out with that creepy clown in the movie.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• lol! The 'My Buddy' doll. It looked like Chucky.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I had an original 1992 my-size Barbie. The ballerina one. My brother cut her clothes with scissors, so she was a NAKED My-Size Ballerina Barbie.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/tag/1612565268.html

Yeah, tell me that won't creep you out hanging out in your closet behind your clothes...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Excellent ?? by the way!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Uhm... Then that would be a spirit/ghost making it talk. It has nothing to do with the toy. My DD's toy did that. I didn't take the batteries out or anything, but yeah...
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Oh yeahhhhh... I had one of those But_Mommie!!! Well, it was actually for my sister and I. That thing was CREEEEEEPY... I was never allowed to watch the Chucky movies...
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Well how's this? I got a Easy bake oven. When it was plugged in. It gave me the Worst Shock ever. Then my borther kept insisiting I use and make a pizza with hotdogs on it! All my scare and Crying I got shocked again! I'll never forget that!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Any thing with dying batteries that made noise. They still do they sound like a demon. I was also terrified of my brothers my buddy doll. That's cause one night I was drunk sleeping in the living with a friend and look up the damn thing is at the banister of the stair you can't any one holding it. Then it "jumps" at least appears to at us. I run upstairs and every one is "sleeping". My mom finally copped to it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010