Still trying to name my daughter...six and a half weeks to go time!!

We are still trying to name our daughter and we're six and a half weeks to "go" time! We have a 12 year old daughter named Jayden Rose but are having a hard time naming this one. Her middle/last will be Lea Bain, (Lea after my mom's middle name), I just need a first name and my husband hates everything! The two he did say were okay were Sam (which I find masculine with Lea as a middle name instead of something girlie) and he likes Paige, but I don't like Paige Lea, which to me sounds like Paisely, but I'm learning from the boards it's actually quite a popular name! Do you have any suggestions? I have searched through the boards here and name websites, I swear I have tried everything and he says no to them all! He doesn't want a name that someone he knows has, I told him he needed to invent his own language then because there are too many! I like Alexa, he hates it, we thought Olivia was alright but too popular. HELP!

Jenipherh

Asked by Jenipherh at 8:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Skylar, Sydney, Ashlyn, Willow, Fallon, Cameron
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I had a friend growing up whose first name was "Kimber" and yup, her middle name was "Lee!" Since you already have "Lea as a middle name, it reminded me of my friend, and it's certainly not common! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i think paige is nice. :)

i'd google SSA names and look through their top 1000 from 2008.

suggestions of mine are meredith, lydia, danica, rebecca. those are names i considered, but our baby is a boy =) gl! i know how you feel because we are the same way with boys. we finally settled on vincent but honestly neither of us love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Each of you make a list of about 10-15 names you like or would be fine with using. Then switch list. Cross out the names you hate with the rule that at least 2 names must be left. Them compare answers. At least then you have it narrowed down...also your other daughter is 12? What has she suggested? Anything? Just curious.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My husband and I have kind of a "formula" for naming kids :-), we pick someone we care about and give the child their middle name then we pick a first name with the same begining letter as that persons name. My first son is Rylie Shannon, after his uncle Richard Shannon. My second son is Waylon Paul, after my daddy William Paul. My daughter will be Dacey Gail after DH's mom Deborah Gail. Doing it this way leaves us only one letter to look through :-). Plus, sometimes you just have to pick a name and see if it grows on you, I didn't like Waylon at first but after a while it grew on me :-). DH tests names by standing on the front porch and seeing how well they sound when you yell them :-), Example, Rylie Shannon get out of that!. you just have to keep looking, GL and congratulations!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Our 12 year old is disabled, and has no speech, she does use eye gaze to respond to questions, she said she had a name she liked..and I went through everyone she knew at school and the name she liked was Hillary (after her speech therapist/BFF), DH said no, of course :-)
    Jenipherh

Answer by Jenipherh at 10:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• How about Sharlene? It's not usual and more unusual because it's with a S -
    it's a name that goes in my family, but be prepared for people thinking that she spells her name with a C-
    my aunt had that problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• my daughters names are Willow Pearl and Alannah Reed
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 11:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• So we've been working on names all day. Does Hadley Lea Bain sound weird? Say "Hadley Lea Bain, come here right now!" or something similar outloud a couple of times and tell me what you think...is it too heavy on the "Lee" part? I didn't know since "Ley" isn't really emphasized in Hadley. Thanks so much for your input girls!!
    Jenipherh

Answer by Jenipherh at 10:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2010