I am going to beat my 2 year old half to death!

All she does is cry! Even if I spend half the morining holding her and playing with her she crys about every little thing. She dropped her toy- cry She tripped and fell-cry she wants something-cry. CRY CRY CRY over every damn thing. It's getting on my nerves!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's OK, OP! Wait till she's 14! Nothing screams PAIN IN THE ASS like a menstruating 8th grader with a bad attitude!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Ignore her... She does it because she knows she gets your attention.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• its just a stage,she wil get over it,my almost 2 yr old is at the stage where she runs from u when u try puting something on her and throws herself on the floor...let her cry,walk away
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• if it is really getting to much, put her in her room, close the door. and take a breather. she isnt gonna die if you leave her to cry in her room while momma takes a few minutes to collect herself. and she is also likely sensing your high level of frustration and I ma sure that is not helping her either.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My daughter used to be a crybaby too. What we did was tell her "Sometimes you gotta get the water works out, gone get your roll out" and then we'd walk over her. We'd announce loudly "Well life goes on, let's go get us some business." Hubby, brothers, and me would walk over her and go into another area. We'd act like what we had earth shaking business. Eventually she'd get up and say "OK, I'm done with the water works. Can I see what you're doing?" LOL.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OP: Do you really think Io am really going to beat her. I mean I really want to but I never would. I mean can we say CPS. Get a life people. Never mind. I guess I have the only pain in the ass child around here. I love her and all but she's a pain in my ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• You're not the only one with a pain in the butt child, OP. But you forget. This place is vicious. You don't say sh*t like that if you don't want someone to call troll or talk smack to you. I mean, say your baby is getting on your nerves, or ask for advice from other moms who have already gone through it. Personally, I tell my kids to "dry it up" and "hush that noise"-especially if they're just crying because they can't have their way. I started that when they were 10 months old. If a child can understand "No" and tell YOU "No" in context-they are old enough to know what "stop that mess" means. The sooner you let your daughter know that she can't have her way all the time, and screaming and crying makes her even LESS likely to get her own way-the better off they'll be. Like our mamas told us-"Nip it in the bud". You get your point across NOW, things will get easier. Hugs and you are NOT alone. Just watch what you say around CM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Try a certain spot for crying. In my house if one of the kids want to throw a fit or cry with no reason they have to go to the corner. As soon as they are through they can come out. Even my nieces and nephews use the corner when they are at my house. And my BIL has started doing it at his house too. You would be amazed how much two seconds standing in a corner with no one paying attention to you will snap a little one out of a fit!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• LMFAO @ :04. Try a menstruating 11 year old!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• She is only 2 years old, that is expected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2010