Stepmoms: Do you feel uncomfortable making love to your husband when his other kids are visiting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Re:LOL! If you feel that way, then you shouldn't have married the guy in the first place!!! That's just way tooooooo funny.

See I think a lot of step moms go into it thinking that the man will choose them over his OWN children! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN STEPMOMS!! Grow a pair and get the heck out if it bothers you!! Again---------------------> LOL!!! o

um this answer I think was very insensitive. My man does put his kids first and that is sexy to me. We have a one year old daughter and yea when the girls come over they are in the next room. We have been intimate with them here it doesnt bother me at all. But I do think its a valid point..my parents are divorced and I used to get gross out by my step mom and Dad all the time I'll admit it. I'm sensitive to his girls but it doesnt mean I wont show him affection, I'll just be respectful about it. Some ppl are so ignorant ppl maybe you should grow a pair..whoever wrote that
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 1:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• LOL! If you feel that way, then you shouldn't have married the guy in the first place!!! That's just way tooooooo funny.

See I think a lot of step moms go into it thinking that the man will choose them over his OWN children! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN STEPMOMS!! Grow a pair and get the heck out if it bothers you!! Again---------------------> LOL!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OP here!-It's not that I have a problem with the kids! NOT AT ALL! In fact, I love them and I respect them! I make love to my husband like crazy during the week, and I make love to him, behind locked doors when his kids visit, but I'm still getting used to being a blended family. I'm sure the day will come when it's going to get easier. It's just weird having his kids in the next room. I don't want them going back to their mom and telling her that their dad and I go at it like rabits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Maybe you should keep it down then.... I agree with the first answer,lol. You're an adult, assume the role and get over the biomom...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• normaly not at all.... but since his oldest dd ( my sd ) tends to quietly come down stairs if she hears a sneeze...she will come down and say i heard a noise...and she sleeps really lightly so again even if its 12 midnight... she hears something she will come down and say ohh i heard something even if she knows it was the cat she will still come down. even if she knows it was us laughing she will come down.. so now we tend ot to do "anything" when osd is here just for the fact that she might come down and we or i dont want her to catch anything that is happening...ohh and she is 11 yrs old. my dd and my ysd im not worried about there into hangin out and playing they could careless what we are doing even if we have a movie night they would rather be upstairs playing with the toys and like i said hangin out. ( they are 12 and 10 ) but my osd HAS to know whats going on..." i heard somthing" lol...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OP again: Oh the bio mom is NO problem!LOL! There is a reason she is the EX. She cheated on my husband and is married to the guy now(who last I heard was cheating on HER. Can you say "JERRY JERRY JERRY!"?) Anyway-she is still really jealous of the relationship my dh and I have-because she couldn't make things work. I respect & love him. I respect & love her kids. I don't talk junk about her when her kids are visiting us. We have a one year old together and have another one on the way in 7 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2010