Facebook Purgatory

When you request a friend how long does it usually take for them to accept you? I just joined FB and two days ago sent out 9 requests to women in my Moms Group. As of today only one has responded. I'm quite sure that they are active on FB, so I find it hard to believe that they haven't seen the request. Is it normal for it to take this long, or should I just assume that they're not interested?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It takes as long as it takes for them to click the "accept" button lol I've been there before, sometimes people don't see it and then see it later.
    If they don't want to add you don't blame em...and move on with your life! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I only accept FB friends requests from people I ACTUALLY know! I doubt that I would accept invites from 'anonymous" people I met on CM! But maybe that's just me! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I don't always realize I have a friend request. But even when I do, I only add people that I actually know, so if I didn't know you, I'd deny or ignore or whatever they call it, your request. It may be that they just aren't going to add you. I wouldn't take it personally. Just move on.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Could be alot of things...maybe they don't recognize you, maybe they haven't received the invite, maybe they don't know how to use FB...?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• it's based on WHENEVER they are online and check it. My aunt only checks her FB once a month. I check mine, every day. So if they don't respond in 2 months, either they gave up on facebook, or aren't interested in being you friend.. but two days is DEFINITELY not enough time to judge one way or the other.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• more than likely it's because they don't check their requests most ppl only accept good friends and family so you may not be counted as one of them why not ask your own friends and family instead of whining about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• and if they don't know you(in person), they may not accept you as their friend.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• When I see that the average FB user has over 100 "friends" I tend to assume that they all aren't good friends, but more likely aquaintances. Since, I am in the same playgroup as these women, it seems that it would be awkward when we see each other if I have made a friend request that they haven't responded to.
    Anonymous

• I've had that happen, I agree that they might have just not seen it yet. I am on a few of the mom groups there and I only ask people to be my friend when they say they want more friends in a post. Also when I send the invite I write a message telling them how I found them and they usually add me. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Mine goes to my e-mail also,so I see no reason why they haven't answered unless they're ignoring you.Sorry!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010