what does it mean when you take a pregnancy test and the first line shows up as the urine is moving across but your not sure if you can see it after the 3 mins??

ok so i took a pregnancy test today. i am 4 days before my missed period. it was the early detection one that is supposed to be able to tell up to 6 days before missed period. I pee'd in the cup, help it in for 5 seconds, kept is in the position while i placed the cap on and set it flat on my counter. i watched as it went across the little screen. as it went across the place of the first line, the line showed up, lightly but very visibly.... then the second one came up. but as i waited for the 3 minutes to be over, the first one got lighter and lighter and lighter and by the end of the 3 minutes, you couldnt see it anymore, or it was just so incredibly light i couldnt see it??? does the first line always darken and then lighten? i usualy take the digital tests so im not sure?????

abygalesmom

Asked by abygalesmom at 11:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i cant remember any one i took doing that. i would think it was possative.
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 11:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• if it was me, I'd take care of myself as if I was pregnant just in case- then I'd take another test in a few days. In I still thought that I could be pregnant and got a negative I'd go see a doctor.
    it could just be a test that isn't reading properly-

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• im not to sure but if you are worried go get a digital one and take that to calm your mind!!!! good luck
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• If the line disappeared it could be a test that is messed up but it sounds like a positive to me.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• just wanted to add, that i will be taking another test in 4 days, i just really would have loved to know now!!!!!!!!
    abygalesmom

Answer by abygalesmom at 11:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• good luck!
    SarineLewis

Answer by SarineLewis at 11:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• First, this is why i only trust those digital ones! lol and second, most of the time when it says that it can detect hormones b4 your period is due it still doesn't. With my first I took one like 2 or 3 days before and it came out negative, then i took it on the day my period was suppose to come on and it was positive. so test again in 4 days.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 12:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I think it says on the box to ONLY read the results at 3 min. Any results before or after that may not be accurate.

I'd wait a week and try again, personally. But I have a really hard time getting those positives to show up. Usually over a week, late.

GOOD LUCK!
    MrsBlack530

Answer by MrsBlack530 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i've had mine do that before, not positive
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2010