I have a 2 yr old and right now her car seat is on the passenger side back seat. I have been thinking of moving her to the middle is that the safest or should i leave it there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The middle is the safest place for a child as long as you can still strap them in securely (some vehicles you cant put child in the middle).. My dd is 3yo & shes always sat in the middle.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Middle is the safest, she will have a crumple zone all around her. The passenger side is called the death seat, so its best to put her behind the driver. When you make a left turn you turn the passenger side against traffic. If someone runs a red light they have less time to stop if they are hitting the passenger side over the driver side. Also in the event of a collision its instinct for the driver to get themselves out of the way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• :51 here... ***best to go behind the driver if the middle is not available. ..and if someone runs a red light they have to cross over half of the road to hit the driver giving them greater reaction time..if they hit the passenger side they normally had no time for a reaction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Back seat middle is most definitely the safest spot in the vehicle! We put DD in the middle from the get go. She's 4 now and still in the middle and will remain there. I've had people irritated at me because my car isn't big enough for anyone to sit on either side of her seat and since it was professionally installed, I refuse to take it out, so I can only carry one passenger ever in my car. Do I care? Nope because my daughter is safe and that's what matters most! :-D
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• The middle is SAFEST if you can get a PROPER install... I have a 06 Nissan titan, and the seat curves in at the middle, my sons carseat hangs off if its in the middle so I have him rear facing on the passenger side, and I have my 5 year old behind the drivers. Behind the driver is SAFER if the middle isnt an option for you, and the LEAST protected child (ie-a forward facer or in a booster) should go in the most protected area- the middle or drivers. If you only have 1 child, then the middle or drivers are safest.. does all that make sense? lol
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• The middle is the safest if you can get a good install there. If not, the safest place is where you get the best install.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2010