DS is almost 6 months and STILL hates tummy time!

He lasts a few minutest at most, then plops his face in the floor and wails. Doesn't push himself up or try to roll over. Even when we get down and talk to him, he doesn't care. He's starting to sit up on his own and even saying "Mama" but otherwise he just lays there kicking his feet, wiggling his arms and being charming. Should I push the tummy time or chill out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do it for what he can stand...and maybe when he whines a little but don't bother getting him all riled up about it. my daughter hated it too and she walks and does everything now.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I never pushed it, my kids were the same way.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• my son hated tummy time, he ended up getting a flat head from it and hes in a reshaping helmet right now...it sucks! but yeah he finally learned to crawl at 8 months and now hes everywhere and hes 10 months now almost walking!!
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 3:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Don't push it. But you can see if it is more comfortable for him without a diaper.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Mine hated tummy time so much I stopped doing it. Wasn't worth it. He never crawled but walked earlier than many kids.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2010