tummy sleeping

at what age can your baby start sleeping on their tummy?

mycheyl

Asked by mycheyl at 11:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never put mine on their bellys to sleep I always put them to sleep on there backs and if they rolled to there bellys then I didn't care just never put them to sleep on their bellies
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My rule is when they are able to roll onto their tummies themselves because that means they can roll over onto the side or back if they get into trouble.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Even when they start rolling, you should put them to sleep on their backs. If they roll over, let them be. My son always preferred to sleep on his tummy once he started rolling, but I still put him on his back. It never took him long to roll over and get comfy. hehe
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• my middle dd slept on her belly from 6weeks on, bad reflux - she had to or she was up screaming all night.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Babies are supposed to be on their back until 12 months. That's just one of the SIDS things you are supposed to do. Others include breastfeeding, having the baby sleep near mom and having a fan in the room where baby sleeps. There is a whole list of them.

There are guidelines for safe co-sleeping and that's what I did.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010