Hello all, I am wondering if there is anyone whos child is eligible for VPK next school year who is not sending them....

I have a yr aold who is eligible for vpk next school year and I really don't want to send her. I am trying to find other moms in the same situation. If there is anyone else in this group like this please email me. Thanks!

kapknh

Asked by kapknh at 12:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son is in VPK this year, but a friend of ours (who isn't on here) kept her daughter home this year and is "homeschooling" her for Pre-K. They spend 2 hours in the morning doing school work after the older kids are off to school.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• BTW- don't feel bad if you don't want to send her. The 'V' stands for 'voluntary'. You don't have to. I just like it because they do activities that I would never in a million years dream up and the kids learn how to act in a school setting, but most kids catch on to all the hand raising stuff pretty quickly.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Don't get roped into the thought that preschool is really that necessary. If you are an attentive and effective parent and you read to and play with your child, they don't need to go. There are many people who do not send their children. If you don't feel it is right to send your child, you are the mother and you can make the decision. Don't be pressured!
    0123456

Answer by 0123456 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I also wanted to add that if you Google for preschool activities or anything you want to work on, there is a HUGE, HUGE amount of stuff out there. There are complete plans, project ideas, games, science fun, etc., etc. You don't have to come up with it yourself. Just Google it. http://www.dltk-kids.com/ is just one of MANY.
    0123456

Answer by 0123456 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2010