Is there anyone out there who waits to see what the baby's sex is after you give birth?

Anyone someone asks me what I am having and I say I am waiting til the end, they look at me like I am crazy! Doesn't seem to be the norm anymore. It is making it harder for me not to know when everyone is prying and like "why are you waiting?" Also I was curious how if the doctors/sono techs are pretty good about keeping the secret without slipping up? Does the sono tech see what the baby is without specifically looking and if so would they add that to my chart? I would be so upset if they slipped up! Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• In my experience, they always had to go LOOK for the sex. They wouldn't normally see it while just doing the regular scan, I believe.

Also, many imaging centers don't even put the sex on the report if they do check it for you. I would think the chances of them putting it on there when the didn't check are very low.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow. For the life of me, I can't predict what this baby is! I have 3 girls, you'd think I'd be able to tell. :)

Good luck with your pregnancy! Do you have a feeling that it's a boy or a girl???
    Anonymous

• I have a feeling it is a girl. I had dreams about it plus I feel totally different than I did with my son. We found out at 16 weeks what he was (to make hubby happy). Now it's my turn to choose weither or not we find out. lol
    Anonymous

• Girls are so much fun! I'd really love a 4th. But a boy will be wonderful too! :)

I wish the best to you and your family!
    Anonymous

• I don't think I could stand not knowing. I wouldn't feel prepared, and I don't think I'd feel as close. I wouldn't want to just keep calling what was going to be my child "it" or "the baby". I want to call the child by its name while it's still in the womb.
    Anonymous

• In my three pregnancies we told each tech each u/s doctor each ob each visit and I had many many u/s each pregnancy, that we did not want to know.

I wasn't afraid of others opinons. I told anyone who asked that we''lll know at birth and I changed the subject.

Lots of times there are pretests that are wrong. I know grandparents who have had to return colored baby clothes after being told specific tests results were wrong after all upon grandchild's birth.

No matter which you decide this is exciting times for you mommy. Congratulations!!!! Just keep in the back of your mind that birth is the most definitive gender test result. Other methods have been known to be wrong.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I've had four babies, and we didn't find out with any of them until the birth, and we're not finding out with this one either. It isn't the norm anymore -- I read somewhere that something like 85% of parents find out before the birth.

For me, it's like a present under the Christmas tree... I might like to **guess* what might be in it, but I don't want actually to open it up and peek until Christmas day -- that moment at the baby's birth when we find out the sex is so sweet and precious for us, if I found out before, I'd definitely feel like someone took something special away from my birth. It certainly hasn't hurt the bonding <3 and it just feels right for us. Everyone's different! I know that obviously not everyone has the same perspective on it - and with our first two we did have people suggest that we should find out because THEY were curious. Seriously?? LOL! FWIW - they all survived the suspense. ;-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My husband wants it to be a suprise, but me i wanna know!!!! so i guess if i let him have the suprise i get to name the first :)
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I always want to find out the gender of my babies so that I know what to buy and plan for. I don't understand waiting because it's a tradition. Is there any other reason you would wait to find out? It makes sense to me that we have the technology to find out that we use it. The doctors are really good about not slipping up, they always ask me if I want to know, they never reveal the gender until I tell them I want to know.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 1:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I am also waiting and whenever I tell people thye think I am crazy too. It's so odd to me! IMO I don't think there is anything fun about finding out the sex.
    Anonymous

• the first two were surprises, and I loved it! But Husband always wanted to know. So we found out last time, and will again this time. At this point, it's easier to know. But I did love the surprise. And YES, the techs and drs were great at not revealing it. In fact, We changed our mind with #2, but there was no way to find out what we'd already missed!!
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 1:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2010