Do you get a baby shower for your second baby?

My friends never threw me one for my son but my Mom had one for my family. Should I get one for my second baby? Not sure exactly how this works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah but someone should throw it for you, if they offer. if not, it's kinda not kosher to do one for yourself for additional children
    Anonymous

• I never got any baby showers and I'm on baby #5. We just bought everything ourselves.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Yes i had a baby shower with my first daughter and second daughter and third baby (boy)
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I've told everyone I don't want another baby shower. We received way too much for our son.
    Anonymous

• i would figure if your having a different sex ya. but it is a different kid and how many of us really hang on to the things we had for our kids most of the stuff gets handed down. probably wouldnt hurt, if i had one though i would avoid making as big of a deal out of it as i did with my first.
    Taja36

Answer by Taja36 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010