Has anyone ever had their child's birthday party at chuck e cheese?

Just curious if anyone has done this. How did it go? Any Advice? Thanks.

GutierrezBeauty

Asked by GutierrezBeauty at 12:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• dont do it. its a madhouse. its dirty, i mean FILTHY dirty. it is not something i would advise any parent doing for a birthday party
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i used to go when i was a child and loved it, but i went with a friend of ours to her daughters party there just a few months ago and it was soooo nasty. i will never ever take my daughter there. but that is just me.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I had planned on having my dd's 1st party at a park. But it started raining just as everyone was supposed to arrive! We ended up quickly moving it to Chucky Cheese and I liked it. We didnt' have a party package, no reserved seats...it was all last minute so we brought in our cake and used the seats by the cashier that wasn't in front of the show. It actually worked out fine for being so thrown together...HOWEVER...

Its not a place I would plan to have my dd's biday party because it was crowded, hectic, and you couldn't really enjoy the people you were with. Depending on the age of your child I'd look into local play places. The inflatable jumping places, Incredible Pizza....I don't know what you have in your area but I think there are better places for the kids bday parties.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• one word Yuck!
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone.
    GutierrezBeauty

Answer by GutierrezBeauty at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Some of them are cleaner than others. Go to your CEC and check it out before deciding.
    We had my 3 years olds birthday there this past November. He LOVED it!!! One tip though, do it on a weeknight. They are USUALLY not busy and you get more tokens in your package for having it on a weeknight. And bring your own cake. The ones at CEC are not a good deal.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Thanks again for all your help. I have considered all of your advice and I may have it at a park. Menu-wise I am organizing mini burgers, hamburgers and bbq. Desert will be my home made cheesecake. And of course birthday cake.
    GutierrezBeauty

Answer by GutierrezBeauty at 10:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I agree with nsrush check out your local one before deciding. Our local chuck e cheese is actually nice and my son loves it. We aren't doing the whole birthday party there(way too expensive!) but we will be bringing him and a few friends there after cake and gifts at the house.
    Anonymous