Do you know of anyone that didn't lose their hair in chemo. or radiation?

Side effects from chemo. or radiation? Anyone know of anyone not losing their hair? Hair every where? Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Health

• Not to make this sound bad but with chemo and radiation you will loose your hair. I dont know of anyone who went through that and did not loose all of their hair. Now here goes the part to that makes it sound bad. If someone did not loose their hair durring their chemo or radiation then it is because they would have passed away before they got that far into their treatment.
    Anonymous

• No, sorry.
    Chemo is poison for your body, and it will suffer for it.
    Anonymous

• you will lose your cair but once th chemo treatments are completely done your hair will grow back
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My husband must be the weirdo...he did not lose his hair when he went through chemo.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• You may not loss your hair! My grandfather had colon/rectal cancer. He was on some strong stuff, and he never lost ONE HAIR during treatment. I was so relieved I loved his beautiful red hair. Now theres other side effects though, like sensitivity to cold, extreme vomiting, and exhaustion. im not trying to scare you i just want you to know what to expect. best wishes!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My MIL never lost her hair. She went through chemo 3 times too.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My mom had radiation and did not lose her hair.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Chemo is used to fight cancer because it kills all rapidly growing cells. Hair is one of these rapidly growing cells. Cancer cells grow rapidly too. My daughter was 13 when she had chemo, and she was more beautiful to me bald than she ever was with hair. ( Wierd I know :) ) Most Chemos do cause hair loss but not all. Your DR should be able to tell you if your kind of Chemo is one that does cause hair loss. But if you do, be proud of your new look, Kristi was a diva and she finally said NO to the wigs, (too hot) and just strutted her stuff! You should too!!!!
    VictoriousRN

Answer by VictoriousRN at 1:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Chemo kills all fast growing cells it cannot tell the difference between good cells and bad cells so it kills them all. My son was bald for three years. He wore a hat and he lived with it. Just find yourself a good hat or go without either way its all good!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My mom had chemo and never lost her hair although it did get thinner and more brittle. She didn't have radiation though.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 2:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010