• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone used netflix?

What did/do you think about it? I heard you can play movies through them on your PS3, has anyone tried that? The reason I am asking is because my husband and I just bought a PS3 and got a CD for a free trial from netflix, but I wanted others opinions before I sign up for it. It is a good site for movies? Any and all opinions welcome.....

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• To watch movies on the PS3, you have to have a high-speed wireless internet connection. Put the disc in the PS3, get your activation code from your Netflix account (after you sign up, of course) and put it in when it asks, and then you can browse through the instant movies that Netflix thinks you'll like (based on your ratings of other movies) directly from your PS3, or you can browse on-line and put movies in your instant queue and access them on the PS3 that way. You do have to have an unlimited plan to be able to watch instant movies (1, 2, or 3 movies at a time with no limit on how many you can get in a month -- not the plan where you can get 2 movies a month and that's it).

I love Netflix. They have everything, and you can usually get movies pretty quickly. And the queue is nice, so you're not constantly having to decide what movie you want and remember to request it, it's always there. It's great! :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I love Netflix. I don't know about the PS3 part, but I'm pretty sure I heard that you can do the instant play through it. I usually just hook my laptop up to the TV for the instant play, and it's great. Plus, I don't need to have cable or anything because even though I'll be a bit behind, I'll still get to see shows I like!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Netflix. We use it every day. You can watch thousands of movies/tv shows instantly on your computer or straight onto your TV through XBOX Live which is what I have...and I assume with PS3 as well. For the DVDs that aren't instant you can do different packages. We get 3 movies at a time...you can do less or more. We don't have cable and we don't need it because of Netflix.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I have Netflix and yes we love it! You can download SOME movies to your computer, PS3 or other things (laptop, etc) but there's only some movies you can. Currently we're on the plan that lets you have 2 DVDs out at a time and I believe it's $13 a month, PLUS the movies that we download from them almost everyday, so it's definately well worth it to us. They have like 4 different plans so there's something for everyone pretty much!
    I say go for it, if you don't like it you can cancel at anytime.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I used to have Netflix a long time ago, I just did the movies through the mail thing and Instant Online. My stepfather has Netflix through his XBox 360 (I'm assuming it's the same as through PS3). It's pretty cool and convenient, the only thing that sucks is that they don't have very many good movies for Instant Queue.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Netflix is great! They are fast, convenient and cheap. No worry over the late fee for not bringing it back on time like blockbuster...ugh.....They play great through ps3 and further, they stream movies to your PS3....they send you a disk to load the program on your PS3 and you can stream movies and tv shows there.....great service to have!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We use Netflix and we love it. We can watch movies on our laptop or on our tv. We get DVDs in the mail but we also bought the Roku box to watch the "instant" movies on tv....we don't have a PS3. We are able to watch a wide variety of movies anytime we want. My five year old loves it because she can watch the movies over and over again. It is cheaper than renting movies from like Blockbuster or a local movie rental place because we always had late fees. This way we can keep them as long as we want and never have to pay any late charges. Plus the turn around time for getting DVDs in the mail is really quick. If we mail movies back on Monday we have new ones to watch on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. We have never had to wait for a movie to be available either, like when you go to the movie store for a specific movie and it's all out. That rarely happens with Netflix. I recommend it highly.
    blue_heron

Answer by blue_heron at 1:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I use to use Netflix. Loved it. I ended our subscription to save money. Otherwise I'd still have it. Lots of great movies you can watch on your PC. Not sure of the PS3 thing, I always watched on my laptop. I do know you have to install their viewer thing so not sure how that would work out. You could always contact them to ask.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• yes i love it.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 3:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We love Netflix, we just bumped down to 3 movies at a time to save money..
    Anonymous