After birth,

I am breast feeding/pumping and my boobs are huge and they hurt, what can i do to take the pain away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My doc gave me a prescription for percocet. It's safe for the baby if you take the amt you're supposed to and it did help.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• How long have you been breast feeding for? It does hurt in the beginning I remember that. I know a hot shower helps and using breast pads. I preferred the Johnson and Johnson brand, but try a few and see what you like. It will feel better so don't get too bogged down. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• can i use warm packs to lay on them or cold packs? what is better
    Anonymous

• Use warm packs, NOT COLD!! Heat applied to your breasts will help your milk let down and help the swelling to go down. If you apply cold, it will stop the flow (even though it may feel good, don't do this unless you're trying to stop your flow). A warm/hot shower and let the water run on your chest and kind of gently massage where it hurts. Pumping also helps. I remember when I had my daughter, it took about 2 weeks or so before my breasts stopped hurting. Good luck, mama!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Keep breastfeeding and pumping. Pain medication for engorged breasts isn't the answer. Stand in a warm shower and let the water run over them and hand express some to help too.
    Anonymous