Feeling cold?

Most women complain about getting too hot during pregnancy, but I'm freezing. The rest of the family are wearing jeans and t-shirts, and I'm in a sweatshirt, warm-up pants, slippers and curled in a blanket. It's like 50 outside, and I'm still freezing. Why is this?

And no, I'm not sick or running a fever. I've checked. But it's been like this all four months of my pregnancy so far, even though it's warmed up outside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The hot flashes for me didn't start until the last trimester. I seem to remember being somewhat chilly for the first two, as well, at least with my second. But it won't last. But your hot flashes might not be so bad. Mine were horrible with my first at the beginning of summer, with sweats and having to stick my head in an open freezer. But with my second, I just got a little warmer sometimes, nothing too extreme. So good luck with that! Hopefully being chilly now means your hot flashes won't be too bad! :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• This year, I seem to be runnin the same as you. My other two were never like this! I was always really really hot!
    Hopefully I get over this cold thing cause I hate wearing socks! lol
    Anonymous

• I've been freezing the entire time I've been pregnant. I'm 28 weeks now. DH has set the thermostat to 76 and put a space heater next to me. I usually wear a knit hat over my head and ears indoors. Sometimes 2 pair of socks. I always have on at least 2 shirts. I just feel cold. Otherwise, I'm perfectly healthy. Aren't pregnancy hormones great?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010