Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you prove to someone, that they are the father!?! even after test confirms it!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (10)
  • You can't. The old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink is true. If you've done the blood test and it confirms it thats all you can do.

    Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • The test proves and confirms it.

    Answer by momov4kids at 1:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • You can't. If he has seen the test and refuses to believe it, he is in denial and won't see anything you have to say about it. You need to think about your kids and do what is best for them, which is not clinging to a loser who doesn't want his kids. Move on and make the best life you can for your kids.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • Well, if you have the test that proves it, take him to court to get child support. That would be a good wake up call. Even if he is in denial about being a father and refuses to be a father figure, at the least you can get the much needed financial support for the child's sake.

    Answer by cat1622 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • You cant. if they refuse to believe a test, that is on them. denial.

    Answer by sati769leigh at 1:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • You don't need to if the test already proved it. You can still get child support out of him even if he doesn't believe you, if that's something you're worried about. Other than that you can't really make him act like a father if he doesn't want to. Sorry and good luck! I hope he mans up!

    Answer by Liz132 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • You just let it go. The test proved it and that is the biggest proof they can get... if they still don't want to see it then its their own insanity, their loss and you are WAAAAAYYYYYY better off not even dealing with it.
    Whatever... to them.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • So the two of you decided to have a child and now he changed his mind?

    File for child support, and make a great life for you and your child. Good luck to you!

    Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. You can take his dumbass to court with the confirmation, and still get child support. If he doesn't pay it, he could end up in jail.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • Jerry Springer show material.....Wow...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
I am going to freak out!

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Feeling cold?