What if 2012 were a reality?

What if there was an announcement that 2012 was, in fact, going to happen? What would you do? Would you change how you live your life? Would you prepare for it and in what way? I just watched the movie so was curious of what others thought.

cat1622

Asked by cat1622 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If I knew that it was going to happen say 5 years ago, I wouldnt have had my children. Why would I bring them to the world just so they could die? on that note how would you prepare for something like that?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't change anything. I know where I'm going when I die. I know that I will be with my family but in a much better place!
    Anonymous

• i am a stockpiler. and have survival gear i would merely step it up
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I agree with Sabrena on I wouldn't have had my children if I knew 5 years ago. If we were to find out right now I don't really know what I would do. There are two paths to take; one is to try to set my family up for survival, the other is to stop stressing out about stupid stuff and live life for happiness. I sure wouldn't stay in the military.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

***
    What good would stockpiling do? You can't take it with you? And would you REALLY want to be one of a "handful" of survivors on this planet?! LOL

I would be doing anything and everything that made me and my family happy! Wait....should every day be like your last?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Nope I am comfortable with what I do and do not fear my judgment.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Um, 2012 will happen. Then, the next year, 2013 will happen. Do you mean what if the world ends in 2012? Well then, no more worry about paying off my credit cards. I know where I'm going when I die, so it's all good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Stockpiling will help because most people would be dead and there would be no industry anymore. As for the "handful of people left," you prefer overcrowded, disease filled and polluted or to just be dead?
    Anonymous

• If I knew 100% that the world will come to an end in 2012, I'd probably spend all of our money on things I want instead of saving up for a future, but since there's only a possibility the world could come crashing down, I'll continue to live my life as usual. If it happens, there's nothing I can do to stop it.

MomaDucky

Answer by MomaDucky at 3:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• For those of you who say they wouldn't have wanted their children? Why not?! I love my daughter to death, and I wouldn't be the person I am now without her, I wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING. And personally, I'd rather have the world come to an end then have her deal with the hell this world has become. Between Global Warming, psychos, the economy, diseases - we the human race are headed to hell in a hand basket anyway so I'd rather she doesn't have to experience any more pain than scraped knees or a bump on her head. Don't get me wrong, I want my daughter to live but if the world does come to an end I think we'd all be better off. JMO

MomaDucky

Answer by MomaDucky at 3:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010