Help I am thinking about putting my 5 year old in soccer

She will be 5 April 29 and she will be going to kindergarden in Aguest this year. She really wants to play soccer. They have a winter one that is 75.00, then they have one in the spring that is 40.00 then they have one in the fall also 40.00. They would be strating April 17 if I put her in, but then I got to thinking maybe I should wait until she starts school then put her in the fall to see how she does playing soccer and doing school. Then I figured if she does good I will put her in all of them next yer in 1st grade. What do you think? Should I go ahead and put her in for April or wait and see how she does with school first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I believe that signing her up for the spring would be beneficial as she will have time to decide for herself if she wants to stick with it. If she decides that it is right for her then when she does enter school she'll be able to find a more decisive way to balance both.
    Anonymous

• I think you should go ahead and out her in now. I think it would be too much for her to have school and soccer start at the same time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My oldest played soccer the summer before starting Kindergarten. OMG she was so cute! I was working during her first practice and her dad had to take her to get shin guards. He got her adult or junior size small and they came up past her knees. Her tube socks didn't fit over her shin guards and he loaned her a pair of his and they came clear up to her thigh!

My youngest started gymnastics and karote when she was 3 1/2 and did great.
    Anonymous

• Put her in now. She will enjoy it and do well and then also try the first sem. which will also be less stressful b/c she'll already have a good idea.
    My ds played BEFORE starting kinder. and then Fall this year after starting kinder but I didn't put him in for winter b/c I decided he was getting very tired since in kinder there were no naps. I wish there was a summer one here for when He's out of school.
    Next fall he wants to try basket ball.
    My dd (4) did it this year too..,. they both liked it.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• my son has been in soccer since he was 3 and I am getting ready to enroll him again soon
    ILoveMuffins62

Answer by ILoveMuffins62 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Let her do it...it might be a great chance for her to meet kid's she'll be in Kindergartin with. Kindergartin won't be so scary if she already knows a kid or two when she gets there.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I'd start her now-
    Anonymous