Just a curious question I thaught of while looking through posts on here. Prison system vs. PA!!!

Looking on here I have seen tons of people gripping about their tax dollars going to PA in one way or another. Yet I haven't seen near as many complaining about their taxes going to make sure Prisoners get the same things PA provides for the lower class citizen in need. Which by the way in most states you can't be a felon to receive. This got me curious... Why is it so much worse to help the law abiding citizens who most of which are employed and just can't make ends meat?..Then it is to provide the same things and more to the convicted rapist, and murderers? Is their comfort worth more? Do they deserve it more? Do they work harder to provide for them selves? Seriously is it just me or is their a serious problem w/ society when they bitch more about a system meant to help those in true need who try, Instead of those who committed horrible crimes against humanity?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "Today must be her day to whine about not getting treated like A queen(you forgot the A) for having PA"

Nowhere do I see where she expects to get treated like a queen becaus she's on PA. Chances are, she already feel like sheeit for having to be on it, but she's doing what she has to do to take care of her kid(s). Not MANY people who ARE on PA actually WANT to be on PA-but it is a provision of which I am personally very thankful. I worked for a long time before needing PA, since I was 16 years old. No I'm not proud to be on PA, but I am proud of being able to be home with my kids and teach them how to read before they were old enough for school. I am proud of being able to feed them. I am NOT comfortable with so many tax dollars going to take care of people in prison, although I don't think that everyone who is in prison actually deserves to be there. I personally think just like every case of prisoners is different, so...
    Anonymous

• SmileyCentral.com
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It just makes you wanna cry!!!
    hot-mama86

• not all people in person do 'horrible crimes' my brother is in prison and I take extreme offense to this. have you ever been inside a prison? life for them isnt all peaches and cream! and their comfort thing is a joke! I think both are important and those of you who think your better and above these issues I hope that someday you too will need to go on PA so you know how it feels to hit rock bottom!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Sabrena I'm sorry if I offended you. If I didn't specify this I'm speaking of murderers, rapist, identity thefts, and long time offenders. Real criminals to society. I also don't know what prisons you've been to, but the ones I have they get very good food, internet access for certain individuals, cable TV, as well as all the necessities those of us on PA fight for. Shit those on death row get steaks and lobster diners and practically any thing they want that can be achieved in the cell, just for there last days. On top of that do you know how expensive putting them to death is, ya it's cheaper then housing them but still. They get to die nice and easy not like their victims got that option. Just hang them and save us a couple grand.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Hot mom I totally agree with you. And for the record IM NOT on public assistance. This country is so jacked up. The justice system is a freaking joke. They are more worried about protecting the rights of some scum that is being housed than the average law abiding citizen. In the prison system they get free housing, 3 square meals a day, free healthcare , free education and when released for the crimes they commit are rewarded again with rehabilation services, such as free housing like half way housing, their continue to get the free healthcare, and the employers who hire them get a kick back from the government to hire them..

And sabrena if your brother is in prison he isn't exactly the saint you want to make him out to be, he may not have yet done a horrible crime, but it was bad enough to be imprisoned. Breaking the law does get you in those kind of places. And he isn't a law abiding citizen is he?
    collegurlge

Answer by collegurlge at 2:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• No, it is just you. You must be really bored today to keep putting up all these ridiculous PA posts. So have you gotten a job and can truthfully include yourself in the "most of whom work statement?"

Umm some one in my house works and I baby sit. so kiss it and stop posting on my posts. Also if you would learn to read you would realize when it came to you bitching about PA she did agree.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• :38 (cont.) are many PA cases. It's not fair at ALL to lump all people that receive PA in the same category, just like it's not fair to lump everyone who is serving time in the same category. You would be glad for that PA if God forbid, something happened and you really were unable to work and you felt you had no other choice.
    Anonymous

• popcorn

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• dear everyone i've read your complaints...i'm on SSI because i have grand mal seizures an i used to work but once i started getting more i couldn't work anymore...an now i hardly get enough to even feed myself or buy clothes or to buy shampoo soap...right now i am needing new of everything from clothes, shoes, an i need new glasses...i get $50 a week an that doesn't even cover my food...they keep cutting my money so i can't get what i need....then i think of the people in prison...they don't have to worry about a roof over their head like i do...they don't have to worry about the food in their belly cause they will get it no matter what...an people like us have to...they have it better there an all they have to do is worry about becoming someone's little play toy...they get 3 meals a day when hard working people like you an i are thankful if we even get 1-2 meals a day. me right now i can only afford to eat 1 meal a day
    diana2630

Answer by diana2630 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2010