Does my son father have rights to him if i was 17 when i had him and my son father was 28?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• i agree with anon...
    Anonymous

• even without being on the birth cert. he can go for a dna test to assert his rights
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• No but I think he has a right to a jail cell for satitory rape though I am against that law it is there. If he tries to take him that's what will happen to him.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I believe he would have rights, he is the FATHER after all. It's just as much his child as it is YOURS. If you CVONSENTED to sex with this man, I completely disagree with going after statutory rape charges as the poster above has suggested. YOU knew what you were doing if you CONSENTED. Is there some reason you DON'T want this man having a relationship with his child? I am all for children having BOTH parents in their lives if possible. It's about THEM not you.

Anonymous

• CONSENTED****
    Anonymous

• No acually if he gets the rape charge he can't see the kid until it's 18 or he gets off the sex offender list. I know a guy who got in trouble in this same sit.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• A father has rights, yes. However, depending on the statutes of limitation and the state it happened in you may be able to have him prosecuted and put on a sex offender list. If on that list he wouldn't have limited rights.
    Anonymous

• correction: he WOULD have LIMITED rights

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Doesn't matter if you put his name on the birth cert, doesn't matter how old either of you were, if its his DNA, his kid, then yup he has rights.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• yes all Fathers have rights to see their children but do not have the right to just come take the baby away from the mother
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 3:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010