Did anyone hear of the arsenal castle on the hudson?

Would it seem right to preserve this and not spend grant money on more practical things.????

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 2:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No idea what you are referring to. Do you have a link?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• http://www.artificialowl.net/2008/07/bannermans-castle-abandoned-military.html

OMG, it's gorgeous!  It would be a shame to let it go.  It's a part of history.  Part of me thinks that they should spend the money to fix it right so that people can tour it again (if you don't read the article it states that the floors and roof were destroyed in a fire).  However, if the money isn't there right now for the repairs, they should do what they have to so that it doesn't get worse, with plans to fix it in the future when the economy is in better shape.  I can think of quite a few 'grants' that I have recently heard of that aren't anywhere near worth the money being spent on them.  But then again, I guess that we don't want to recognize part of our country's history. 

Anonymous