need some advice from mothers that have done a natural birth

i have had one child all naturally very long and painful so my 2nd child i chooses the epidural and it worked great till the end and then i stopped dilating. I am 21 weeks preg with my 3rd and am wanting a natural child birth we don't have any birthing classes close to us so im having to teach myself . and my hospital dose not do water births so what are some way that worked for you i also bought one of those huge exercising balls that i see women use on the baby stories but i dont know what i use it for lol so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your first is usually the hardest since the baby is paving the way through. You will probably have an easy time with this one since your body knows what its doing. It is a good idea going natural, its easier recovery, you can move about freely which helps move the baby down the birth canal instead of being on your back the whole time. You know when the contractions are coming so yo can push and when to take a break. The birth ball is a good idea too. You sit on it and rock back and forth what ever way you feel comfy. It helps you dilate and gets the pressure off your lower back and hips. I could only sit on is for like 5 sec. with my 2nd before I knew it was about time. She checked me and I was a 9. Also you can sit on it like at the dinner table or where ever instead of your regular chair to help you stretch out and give you more cushion. Also, don't stress, you can do this your body is made to do this. :)
    clearemerald

Answer by clearemerald at 3:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• thank you so much
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• How you labor is very important.
    If you can stay in your familiar home environment and follow your instincts to shower or moan or dance or sit on the toilet for 2 hours... it is more conducive to progress AND comfort!
    Staying home as long as possible (or entirely!) is a great idea.
    Then when you go to the hospital, do what you can to continue whatever was helping earlier, following Nature's lead.
    It can be really helpful to have a great support team (educated partner/husband or family, birth doula).
    Also, if you can plan ahead and create a birth plan prenatally, it can help you to have a smoother delivery, too.
    Do you have a midwife?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2010