Does it bother you to see a mom say LOL when talking about wanting to be induced or how to try and induce labor at home?

Why are mothers so flip today about having their babies early? Has Hollywood had that much influence on us that every day women want to have their babies intentionally early to avoid the discomforts and weight gain of the last month of pregnancy?

Having your baby early due to medical necessity is one thing but whining about the discomforts and looking to have your baby early out of convenience and then laughing about it like it's trivial...that really ticks me off.

Any other moms worry about babies in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes..it irritates me.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 3:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• yes infact. my sil is having a choice induction tommorrow because she doesnt want to have her baby on her sons b-day, which is like 2 weeks after her due date!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• the only time it bugs me is when moms will book an induction to keep on a schedule - I'll have baby this day so that...blah blah...kids are NOT predictable and they don't run on a schedule.

that being said... I know a lot of moms, myself included who begged to have baby out - all three times. lol but BUT, I never did anything to try inducing - it was all talk and no follow through. #3 was induced but I'd been labouring unproductively for 6 weeks.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Does it bother me when they say LOL? No. That's retarded. We all know how sucky that last month is & if you wanna fucking laugh about how crazy you're going, then laugh about it. If you body isn't ready the induction wont work anyways.

Now, do I worry about the early babies? Of course! My son was early due to induction & then emergency c-section. It was medically neccessary but I was still worried beyond belief for his safety.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I didn't even want to be induced when my doctor wanted to do it. I was scheduled for one 9 days after my due date but had my DD the day before, thankfully. The baby will come when they're ready and evicting them early for no medically necessary reason is cruel. I went 8 days over my due date with SPD, insomnia, back pain, heartburn to the point I was choking and everything, so it's possible to wait.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• "evicting them early for no medically necessary reason is cruel. "

This is a good statement. I had a scheduled c-section with my 3rd baby due to medical necessity. But I remember hearing her when she was first born and she was beyond pissed. She was not ready to come out at all.
    Anonymous

• No, it doesn't bother me. I know exactly what they're (we're) laughing about. I had to go 2 full weeks over due with my first baby before her amniotic fluid went down enough for them to give me a medical induction. During those 2 weeks of trying to trigger labor naturally, we tried everything! Some of us find the process and desperation involved in trying to put yourself into labor to be comical. Lighten up! Geez!

Anonymous

• No its their choice what they do and how they have their children not yours. I've seen plenty of happy healthy induced babies so get off people's backs already
    Anonymous

• Yes, it does bother me that these women are not appreciating the Full Picture.

Yes, it's better to avoid an unnecessary medical induction, but it looks like the mom is still lacking the faith in the normal-natural process. Forcing is forcing, some routes are harsher than others...

I think it's primary a convenience factor, and this is unfair to the fetus.
    :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It makes me sad because it appears that they aren't aware of the full repurcussions of what those actions means, or could mean. I know that that isn't always the case but when they 'talk' like that it comes off that way.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2010