Smart or Shallow?

Is this a smart move or a shallow one?
A woman breaking off an engagement because she found out the man has bad credit.

What if it is the other way around?
A man breaking off an engagement because of the woman's bad credit/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• in some ways smart..however..i think that if you break off a relationship that was serious enough to get married over bad credit then there really wasnt that much love there to begin with.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I think it's a personal decision really.. I'm on my 2nd marriage. I went into both marriages with bad credit and both my husbands had good credit when we first got together... Now they both have bad credit..  hehe!

Anonymous

• I think this is something that should have been discussed FAR before an engagement was entered into. For that reason, I think it's neither smart nor shallow, I think it's stupid. If you are about to walk down the aisle, finances should have been discussed far ahead of time.
    Anonymous

• SMART
    Anonymous

• Of course you would want to fix bad credit, but i would NEVER leave my fiance if he had bad credit. I love him way too much.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Shallow on both ends. It would be better to fix the credit while prolonging the engagement.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• SMART....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• If she did it because she thinks it says something about character, she needs to remember that Bernie Madoff had a wonderful credit rating and he is a rat. Credit rating doesn't mean you are a great person.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2010