Missed period. plus morning sickness?????help

ok i was supose to start on the 2 and it never came.
Now im getting sick in the mornings but i still have a neg test...
Maybe its the flu idk....

Wytegirl

Asked by Wytegirl at 4:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Try waiting a few days and testing again. If it's still neg, I'd just sock it up to psychosomatic morning sickness. :(
    Anonymous

• It may be too soon to take a home pregnancy test. It's possible that you haven't built up enough hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). If you're trying to become pregnant and if you think you are pregnant, wait a couple weeks and take another test. I would do it first thing in the morning - first day urine is going to have a higher hCG content.

As for your feeling sick. It could be your mind playing tricks on you. If you're already subconsciously thinking/believing that you're pregnant, it's possible the 'morning sickness' is sort of psychosomatic.

If the home test still shows a negative result after a couple weeks, I would go to the doctor. I've had home pregnancy tests show negative results at home and in the doctor's office -- they were even referring to my third child as an 'ovarian cyst'. Proof was not found until an ultrasound was done.
    caaillustration

Answer by caaillustration at 4:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• @caaillustration. Well put. I think I am pregnant every single time I am late... heck I used to think that back when I used "precautions" as a teen. It may be too soon or you may be tricking yourself into feeling like you have morning sickness... Best of luck and be sure to update us.
    HisSassafras

Answer by HisSassafras at 4:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I think your mostly right.

Today i woke up and didnt get sick.... yesterday was the worst morning of my life though. Never been that sick before.

Thank you guys for your help.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 12:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2010