Massage?

Okay...I have a slight tiny bit of scarred tissue from tearing with dd. It was a very minor tear from what I can tell. Anywho, I've also had BV this entire pregnancy which is being monitored and treated when needed, but they have yet to give me the maximum dosage in the correct type of medication to fully get rid of it. They said it was more of a bother than a danger since it's very common...and I've asked at least five doctors and a nurse practitioner.

Anywho, I was wondering if massage would still help stretch out the scarred area to prevent any more serious tears this time around? Also, what is the best and most gentle way of doing this, because the BV causes a bit of irritation and I don't want it to be painful so that I can continue doing it enough to be helpful. Thanks!

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I do not "believe in" it. I think that when we birth instinctively, we will reduce/eliminate tearing. And if we tear a little it is not a problem... not a big deal.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Massage should help stretch the area around the scar, but not the actual scar tissue. I had an episiotomy with my first and the scar from that is where I tore with my 2nd.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010