sex offenders. punishable by death?

Do you think that if a man/woman were to rape or moleste a child should they be sent to death? The justice system is shity when it comes to stuff like this, is take many offences for the system to finally give those sickos in prison for along time. I think anyone to hurt a child or anyone in that way should be sentenced to death because they will just continue to do it and more people will suffer because the hardly ever get a long sentenced. My rappest rapped 3 other girls and he's off free right now, he served only 18 months and he's as free as a bird to rape even more girls. If we just killed them all I think rape, molesting would go down because those people know they will get caught one day and they will be put to death.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no sympathy for anyone who harms a child like this. The laws definitely need to be tougher because there's more sex offenders being released from prison and many others loose than in prison. Yes, I do think they should get the death penalty, but that will never happen. What really ticks me off is seeing so many out loose when they should be put away where they can't harm any children.
    Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 6:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I was molested as a child by my uncle and he got away with it. I was so happy the day he did die. I was invited to the funnerel but said I would not even give him the pleasure of me coming and spitting on his grave.
    I dont know if I would take it as far as giving them death but yes they should be locked up for the rest of their lives and die in prison. The inmates in prison do not like child molesters and rapist so they will make the rest of their lives hell which is what they deserve!
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I am APPALLED that there is a three strikes policy on this. Kill them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i would agree with the life in prision but us tax payers pay for that so I agree on death, or they need to start really killing people who areon the death sentence list instead of wait 20 plus years to actually do it. I mean come on just shot them how hard is that?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• True our judicial system sometimes suck, but it beats any other system out there. I agree they deserve to die, but it will not make a dent on the deterring of the actual molesting. It doesn't make any difference to those offenses that carry the death sentence does it?Murders continue to happen at an alarming rate.

Answer by older at 4:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I am a sexual abuse survivor and I would prefer that they face life instead of death. Give them life and they spend the rest of their lives in jail. I don't think I would ever had been able to report what my Grandfather did to me if I knew by doing so that I was sentencing him to death. I might not have been able to go to counceling to get help to deal with it if talking about it would lead to his death. The death penalty would put to much pressure on victims, unlike in murder cases they victim has no guilt because they're already dead.

Anonymous

• I am for the death penalty in these cases. They may not deter other molestors, but they will have prevented future molestations by those that are executed. They wil also help to relieve an overburdened prison system. BTW, I am not for a long drawn out appeals process...convict and execute within 30 days.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• No I think the should raped in the ass by 40 guys with steal condoms and glass super glued to it. Them they should have there dicks nailed to a wall for 7 days so people can through shit at them. After wards if they are still alive they should sent to a deserted island with each other. So they can rape each other until they die. Seriously they make me sick. More often then not rehabilitation fails.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It's the only way to "cure" them!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Yes they should be punished by death. It is proven time and time again that they are not safe to be set out in society. They cannot be rehabilated and nobody can save them. In the end an innocent child is victimized. We need to protect the children not the molesters!!
    Anonymous