my son was potty trained and now he keeps peeing in his pants

My son who is 3 years old was potty trained and within the past 2 weeks he has been having accidents all day and he just doesn't care.. ahhhh help

andersonboys3

Asked by andersonboys3 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am going thru the same thing with my 5 year old. But he doesnt like to poop. He holds it in and it starts slipping out into his underwear and it is makeing us so mad because he was doing so good.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• omg that happen to my 5 yr old he would hold it in and then poop in a pull up and it got so bad so we took him to the dr and they told us to give him miralax 2x a day until he can not hold it .. he has to retrain himself or he can hurt himself.. we did that for 2 weeks and now he goes all the time in the potty.. we put miralax in his juice 1 a day .. Try it..
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• This is rather common. I would try having him clean up the messes (you can clean up after him of course). You can try doing whatever you did the first time you trained if you really think he has regressed that much (like back to whatever small rewards you used, etc). Also if he's too distracted by whatever he's doing to stop to use the potty, you can take away the thing (toy, dvd) he was distracted by until he has x number of days/hours of no accidents. With my daughter, she had a couple of these regressions in the six months following training... I can tell you she always did get back on track, but sometimes it wasn't totally clear to me either why things went haywire or why they clicked back into place. I think sometimes they have these regressions when they're making developments in other totally un-related areas. Just avoid at all costs the temptation to put him in a diaper! Good luck!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010