When you ruin a recipe, do you feel guilty or do you look forward to trying it again?

I always hate myself after I mess up a recipe!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't feel guilty because I don't mess up that often, except the other night I made a big pan of lasagna and forgot to put the cottage cheese in it, but it was still good. I find you can still fix it up.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I look forward to doing it again, but I hate the fact that I just wasted all those ingredients and it didn't turn out :/
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I use to hate to cook and when I messed it up it just ruined my whole day.
    Now I love to cook and when I mess it up it is no big deal just try it again at another time and hope I get it right
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It only bugs me that I'm out the ingredients. My latest example - I baked a cake for my grandma's birthday, took the advice of a couple moms here in one of my groups, ended up with a mess in my oven because I used too much batter. DH had to run out for more cake ingredients (it's almost 20 miles one way to the nearest grocery store). Bugged me because it shortened my time and I had to spend more money and waste more gas, etc. I rarely mess up but I don't feel guilty or anything.
    Anonymous

• i get upset and won't try the recipe again for a couple weeks. i don't like to mess things up.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i feel guilty but then i try to think how i could make it different next time. so i do try to make it again...just differently
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010