What do you think of moms who use the TV as a babysitter?

IE they sit their kids in front of the TV in order to do housework & stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• What's wrong with that? I do it.
    Anonymous

• I think it is wonderful , I have raised two kids doing just that. It is almost impossible to have a toddler running around while you are cleaning, they could get hurt or pick up some chemical when you are not looking. If Barney can babysit for free I will use his services.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• This is on top of the 80 dollars a week I spend on real day care.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Guilty. How else can I get things done around here?
    As for other moms doing it, if it's an all-day thing, that sucks. But, your kids, not mine.
    Anonymous

• I do it too....
    what is wrong with letting the kids watch tv after playing outside all day and I need to get housework done?
    I could clean the house while they are outside playing but I would rather play with them
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I do it. I couldn't tell you how many times people have tries to make me feel bad for doing it. Gawd.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• yup i have done it, still do it on occassion.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I dont. My dd is allowed to watch t.v. but chooses to play instead. When she gets older she will be able to go outside more as well. My dd is 20 months old and I do know how hard it is to clean with her around, but I usually let her slide up a chair next to me while I am doing dishes and she gets her toy plates and pretends to do what I am doing. Its not that hard. What is hard is when my 6 month old screams while I am doing it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i do it. i put on baby einstein or sing-a-long dvds, ect, while i clean or cook. its fine. obviously we do other things like museums, parks, library, ect as well. but tv can help me and them. most of the time my 2 little ones play together while their shows are on.
    Anonymous

• I think they are being honest- most parents let the kids watch TV so they can get something done- I know I did. Everything in moderation and life is good. If your kids prefer to play unsupervised while you get things done, just consider yourself lucky.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2010