When is my newborn gonna start being awake more??

he's about 3 wks now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies are different but as the days go by you'll see them awake more and more. There is a book I got at Walmart and you can of course find it at the book store. It is called Babies First Year. If you are a 1st. time mommy it is really helpful.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• This is funny.. One day you will ask a question "When will this child go to sleep" LOL.. The baby will become more awake as time goes on. Just try to enjoy it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• They will sleep up to 20 hours a day for the first 6 months, enjoy the sleeping while it lasts because once they are awake and mobile you will be exhausted chasing them saying no don't touch that no don' put that in your mouth, no don't take your diaper off, enjoy the sleep.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• mine started being more alert at around 3 months. but she didnt start wanting to intreact with me until 4 1/2 or 5 months..shes 6 months now
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• "up to 20 hours a day till 6 months". That would have been a sanity saver some of those days. My daughter is very anti-nap and has been since she was really little. In the next few weeks I bet you will see a change. Congrats on your new little one.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2010